Wednesday, June 09, 2004

one hundred things

I've seen these things on blogs world-wide, and it's the epitome of loose-association. I'll join the ranks.

1. My name is Cassidy Rene'.
2. I was named after either Shaun or David Cassidy. One of those Cassidy boys.
3. While I was at WalMart yesterday, I overheard an old man picking up his developed film and his last name was Cassidy.
4. So I have a last name for a first name.
5. And a man's name for my middle name because Rene' is the masculine spelling and Renee' is the feminine spelling. Thanks Mom.
6. My mom was 37 when she gave birth to me.
7. I dreamed last night I was pregnant.
8. My sister's pregnant.
9. She is 11 years older than I.
10. I am 11 years older than her daughter, my niece.
11. I had to look up the spelling for niece.
12. However, I consider myself a proficient speller.
13. I missed a word in a spelling-bee once by spelling civilization with an s.
14. There is a girl on my MSN list right now with the word civility spelled with an s.
15. I never talk to her.
16. I only talk to about 20% of the people on my MSN list.
17. Some people I leave on my list for laughs.
18. I believe one of the most exhilarating things to do is laugh.
19. If I'm being super-comical, I'm more than likely uncomfortable in my situation.
20. Some say laughter is the best medicine. I say laughter is my band-aid.
21. For the last week and a half, I've seen a Veggie Tales band-aid stuck to the sidewalk on campus.
22. I sleep with a Veggie Tales quilt every night.
23. My mom made it for me.
24. When I was 18.
25. I'm fairly old for my academic age group.
26. My birthday is October 14, 1983.
27. That makes me 20 years old.
28. And I'll be 21 in four months.
29. That means absolutely nothing to me.
30. I don't drink.
31. I don't smoke.
32. I don't have any rolling papers.
33. The only guys that hit on me are of other ethnicities.
34. Not that I'm racist.
35. I just don't respond well to desperate pick-up lines.
36. And my face probably shows it.
37. I cannot control my immediate facial reactions.
38. But I can hide my feelings for long periods of time.
39. I play "no emotion" very well, too.
40. That stoicism makes me very good on the defensive end of Make Me Laugh.
41. That game reminds me of my cousin Arenda.
42. She's definitely my favorite cousin.
43. And her parents are my favorite aunt and uncle.
44. I love my family.
45. Well, some of them.
46. I'm very much like some of my mom's side of the family.
47. Actually, I'm very much like my mother.
48. Sissy's just like Dad.
49. My sister and I are very different.
50. She's short, and I'm less short.
51. She's a blonde, and I'm a brunette.
52. She's a nurse, and I'm going to be a secondary English teacher.
53. She's very health conscious, and I'm very not.
54. She can sing, and I cannot.
55. She's very stubborn and determined, and I'm a little more easy going.
56. But we do have some things in common.
57. We both graduated 8th grade from Dixon Elementary/Middle.
58. At some point in our education, we were both on the drill team.
59. We both graduated high school from Webster County.
60. We both did the theatre thing in high school.
61. We both did the art thing in high school.
62. If all goes well, we will both have graduated college from Murray State.
63. The older I get, the more I look like her.
64. The older I get, the more we seem like sisters rather than obscure family members.
65. I want to have kids.
66. Rumor has it that I don't like kids.
67. Where there's smoke there is fire.
68. I can spend hours staring into a fire.
69. I'm easily amused.
70. I can just sit and listen to music.
71. I can't believe I'm on 71 and I haven't yet said this. I love John Mayer.
72. I've seen him in concert twice.
73. We're going again in August.
74. He is the first "celebrity" I've been "obsessed" with.
75. It's not just because he's beautiful.
76. He's a wonderful songwriter
77. He's a horrible singer.
78. But he's an excellent musician.
79. I can play a little guitar.
80. But I don't practice enough.
81. Same goes for speaking Spanish.
82. I'm considering getting my MA in TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages).
83. But I don't know right now because I am very bad with commitment.
84. I am the worst decision maker you'll ever meet.
85. I avoid making decisions altogether until I have to.
86. That makes me Captian Procrastinor.
87. I've never done much of anything in advance.
88. That's why I have a paper due in two days that I haven't started on.
89. That's why I do not have an apartment for the fall.
90. That's why I do not have a job.
91. Heck, that's probably why I've never dated anyone.
92. Loosely, my theory on relationships might be why have one until you need one?
93. I just say that to make myself feel better about being eternally single.
94. I've never daydreamed about my wedding.
95. I don't know what I want to name my kids.
96. I don't know where I want to live.
97. I only pretend that I know what I want to be when I grow up.
98. I don't want to grow up.
99. But I believe I will be ready to take my life as it comes to me.
100. And I believe everything happens for a reason.

No comments: