I missed them asking how I did on the scale. (Up 1.6 pounds.) I missed them telling me it's okay. (So I told myself.)
I'm not exactly sure why I gained this week, but I'm not surprised, really. I definitely stayed within my points, but I don't think I made the best choices. It was one of those hungry weeks. I ate and ate and ate and was never satisfied. I ate lots of chips this week. It's time to make friends with filling (high fiber) foods again.
And I don't know what is up with the getting up in the middle of the night and eating thing. I mean, I tracked whatever I ate, but it's not healthy or characteristic of me.
I went grocery shopping after the meeting. Lots of fruits and vegetables. I bought a whole pineapple! Such a better deal than buying the already-cut stuff. Cheaper and more fruit, albeit a pain in the butt to cut up. Also trying to rekindle my love of bell peppers. The yellow ones are so sweet. And nectarines! There's nothing like a ripe nectarine.
I have to start cooking more and eating fresh produce. That should be easy considering it's summer. I've just been lazy.
I'm also trying to move more. It's been too hot to do anything outside. As if I would have anyway... So I've been trying to get at least 30 minutes in on the Wii Fit each day. Rhythm Boxing is where it's at. Haven't done that yet today, but the day's not over.
I've really been slacking on the water intake. I have been drinking way too much soda. Yeah, it's diet and all, but I need water.
Okay, so this has just been a jumble. Let's recap in the form of a bulleted list of goals:
- Drink less pop and more water.
- Eat more fruits and vegetables.
- Get 30 minutes of activity in each day.
- Cook some new recipes.
- Track everything.
I need more specific goals, don't I?
- I went canoeing last weekend. It's nice being semi-active and doing things that I wouldn't have imagined myself doing before.
- I bought a pair of size 20 jeans! This is super exciting.
- I successfully fought off an eat-because-I'm-bored moment the other day by knitting. I'm working on super-simple baby blanket for the new baby in the family.