Friday, December 10, 2004

los profesores

Today is the last day of classes before finals. It is quite difficult to believe. I've already finished all my big things. Nothing really due today, so I tried to do a little bit of celebratory napping yesterday afternoon. That didn't work so well. Even though I didn't get much sleep the previous night, I guess I didn't need any more. That celebratory nap turned out to be only thirty minutes long. So after TNT, I went to WalMart and got stuff to make macadamia nut cookies. I figured doing a little baking would be rewarding enough. I brought the bulk of them with me to work this morning. Guess I'm trying to spread a little end-of-the-semester and holiday cheer.

I still do have a wee bit of homework to do, but it's nothing too serious. I have to finish up my Spanish workbook. And thrice on the trot (Jenny, I couldn't resist.), I'm going to do my reading assignment for BarbCobb.

But before I go, I'd like to give a shout out to my professors this semester. They've all been good in one way or another, and I haven't always been able to say that. Here's to my educators, in order of appearance throughout the week: BarbCobb, even though she drives me insane and grades papers much too harshly, is very passionate about the literature she teaches, and there is something to be said for that. Koji is the man who can do most all things including teach Spanish whilst speaking English (two languages that aren't his native tongue), draw cartoons, sing, play guitar, and milk cows. Dr. Brown amazes me because he's very much like an excited little boy and deep well of knowledge and wisdom trapped in a professor's body. He's precious, and Tessa and I have decided we have crushes on him. Even Burly gets my love, for even though he doesn't have a clue what he's doing most days and his lectures are thoroughly horrible, he's a pretty cool guy. Mrs. Ed has been one of the most beneficial teachers I've ever had. She freely offered her practical advice and invaluable experience to us future English teachers who desperately needed it. And Q is one of many graduate students I've had as teachers who were actually good at their job. Now I know my rocks and minerals... Anyway, those aformentioned folks deserve my thanks.

No comments: