Monday, January 30, 2006

It gives you wings

Out of nowhere, I just got the greatest surge of confidence. (Maybe it has something to do with the roughly thirty ounces of coffee I've had today thus far.) That confidence being in my ability to teach. I don't know. I was watching this required film about Cortez and his conquest of Mexico, and I think I was daydreaming. And I suddenly imagined myself being very successful as a teacher. I think part of my fear is that I'm not going to be knowledgeable enough. Not that I won't be able to impart my knowledge, but that I won't have it. And suddenly, today, I feel qualified. Let's hope it lasts.

I didn't expect to be able to come home between classes today, but alas, here I am for a meager hour. *turns a half-hearted cartwheel*

And now for a suggestion: Go to toothpastefordinner.com. This is some of the funniest stuff I've ever seen. And it's so subtle and -- I don't know -- dry. Not to mention cute. Go. Be fruitful and laugh.

No comments: