Sunday, January 15, 2006

My duty

Yes, yes. The obligatory I'm-back post. I basically dragged all my things through the door and stopped at the computer. I feel 100% out-of-touch. And 100% barricaded-in. Unpacking with commence shortly.

Hm. The accomplishments of the past month (because there ought to be some) are few. Of course, the big plan was to read a thousand books, including the six section introductions in my Spanish-American lit textbook. Well. I read Persepolis and Persepolis 2, which was no chore but very enjoyable. I read the first intro of the lit text. I've gotten through the first two people in The Five People You Meet in Heaven. I tell you. I worked light duty. Very light. Well, it means I have lots of books to read this semester. I'll be needing some Contemporary Modern English, anyway.

I did teach myself how to knit. I got tired of it, but I was determined to complete a scarf. I gave it to Mom. It's cute, too. Oh, and I made her watch all the Harry Potter movies. That's an accomplishment, right?

Yeah, okay. I gotta sort through my stuff. Clothes and Christmas things and I don't know what all.

And tomorrow. I'll be making a much needed Wal-Mart excursion to replenish the cupboard and to pick up my OCD-induced color coordinated folders and notebooks for this semester. I ought to do that after I drop a million dollars for textbooks. You know, so they can match. Dear lord... Oh, and I gotta put some money in the DB.

Waterfield's the workplace again. Jury's still out about the tutoring position.

It's weird to think this semester might've been my last. Has all that time really passed? I didn't mean to make that rhyme.

No comments: