Friday, February 10, 2006

Oculus reparo

So here it is 8ish in the am, and I'm sitting in the library looking up Dumbledore quotes. When I am at risk of falling asleep at the desk, I facebook. Upon looking at some quotes on people's profiles, it ocurred to me that what I, myself, am missing is a quote or two from that wise, old fellow. I think I've found the one for my profile, but oh, how I have forgotten the great extent of his wisdom -- and his comedy! Of course, it could be because I'm about to fall asleep that I find these funny, but I don't think so. I heart Albus.

"No, I was merely reading the Muggle magazines," said Dumbledore. "I do love knitting patterns."

"Scars can come in handy. I have one myself above my left knee that is a perfect map of the London Underground."

"It's lucky it's dark...I haven't blushed so much since Madame Pomfrey told me she liked my new earmuffs."

"For future reference, Harry, it [Dumbledore's favorite jam] is raspberry...although of course, if I were a Death Eater, I would have been sure to research my own jam preferences before impersonating myself."

"I see myself holding a pair of thick, woolen socks." Harry stared. "One can never have enough socks."

I'm afraid that I'm gonig to find myself re-reading the books soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dumbledore: [to Harry] I never liked these curtains. I set them on fire in my fourth year. Accidentally, of course.

Hope you're doing well. I miss hanging out with you. We should get together sometime in the near future.