Saturday, April 09, 2005

the geek

I've got it in my mind that I want a bike. So today I went yard-salin' and didn't find anything. There was a bike for sale outside of Fern Terrace, but I couldn't get in contact with the owner. I even went to the Curris Center to see if I could find any "Bicycle for Sale" flyers. I found none. But it turns out that, at home, we have several bikes stashed in a storage building. I made Mom go out there and see if any were in decent condition. There's one, supposedly. And in relay fashion, it might get to me sometime this weekend. We'll see about that.

I'm not so sure why I want a bicycle so much. I don't intend to ride in it view of anyone. I might ride it to work on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays because, at 7:30 in the morning, there'll be no one to see me. Plus, I would always be riding south from the near-quad region, which means I'd never be going through the high-traffic mall/bridge/dormcircle area during peak hours. That means going to class at Faculty on Mondays and Fridays at 9:30 wouldn't be so bad either... See, the way I look at it, it's either drive or walk. On TWTh, I can talk myself out of walking. Wouldn't a third choice be better? And it's much faster than both options.

I get geekier and geekier every day.

No comments: