Tuesday, September 20, 2005

The fifth dimension

Tonight was the first meeting of the EEIA. Okay, not really. The English Education Impression Association is really just a group on facebook. Tonight, a bunch of us girls got together at Guier's house for some professor impressions and Matt B's. We literally spent the whole time talking about English-related topics, but it was great fun. I think we're going to institute this tradition throughout the semester. I sure am going to miss these people when half of them graduate -- or start student teaching, for that matter.

So you never start too early on becoming a slacker. It has already set in. I tell myself I'll get things done eventually. And I usually do. So for now, it's extracurricular reading and naps.

I've taken to reading before going to sleep -- not to be confused with falling asleep whilst reading -- and I'm almost done with A Wrinkle in Time. This is one of those books I read as a kid and didn't understand at all the social and philosophical implications. It's much shorter and not quite as complex, maybe, as The Giver, but it invokes within me that same thoughts and feelings. Way to go, Madeleine L'Engle.

The readings for Hovie can wait until tomorrow. I've got other things to read.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

best friend, this is what is up.

tomorrow night, me, you & Jenny, dinner, perhaps a movie. we'll see.

are you free?