Thursday, September 15, 2005

I was sitting on a gold mine

I had the most fabulous realization today: The library has books. Yes, quite astounding. Let's do be honest and realize that Waterfield isn't exactly the vastest literary gold mine, but it does have books. Believe it or not, it is a very looked-over fact. Waterfield has computers and coffee. Books? What books? I don't see any books. Ah, but there are.

I've grown so used to having to buy my books -- thus perpetuating my unhealthy love relationship with half.com -- that I forgot there existed the simple pleasure of freely pulling a book off a shelf and taking it home. My obsession with possessing the books had made me forget this. I'd rather have a well-read looking bookshelf than a well-read mind. Thank God for public (or institutional) libraries. I've been perusing Half to see if I could find super-cheap prices on C. S. Lewis' The Four Loves and Madeleine L'Engle's Time Quartet including A Wrinkle in Time, but really, I can read them for free. What's the use in buying more books at the moment? I've already got three CSL books on my shelf that I haven't finished yet. Anyway, yay, for libraries.

Erm, I went to the Study Abroad Fair. I'm going to pretend I didn't look at more abroad options...

I guess I'm going to go to the ESO meeting at Applebee's at 4:30. Afterward, I need to get some last-minute supplies on the for-real Elmo cupcakes. I'm going to go ahead and make the cupcakes here tonight or tomorrow. The party is on Saturday. Can't believe Kathryn is one year old.

Might go to TNT tonight. I don't know.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

<3,
b/f/f/

Anonymous said...

yeah so i think i peruse more study abroad options atleast every 2 weeks

-Adrienne