Monday, October 11, 2004

oh, dread

It is the napworthiest of days. The gloomy rain begs me to curl up on the couch and sleep for hours, but I cannot. Oh, how I must write this research paper! I think I've decided what I'm going to write about, and I even checked a book out from the library. That's some serious business considering I had to pay $65 for the last book I got there.

Today brought the darker side of fall. It's very obvious that I love the familiarity of the season, but there are some things with which I'd rather not feel so familiar. The cold raininess reminded me of the stress of midterms. It's not as if I hadn't been feeling it, but an extra sense of dread hangs in the air and reminds me that I have so many things to do and not nearly enough time to do them all. The cooling temperatures mean that winter, in all its dreariness, is coming, and precious time is passing. The drizzly weather makes a somber mood, something much more conducive to sulking and sleeping than anything else.

No comments: