Wednesday, March 16, 2005

and this is what i do

I finally get some free time, and what do I do? Play make-believe web designer. I gave the ol' site a spring cleaning scrub-down and added a sister blog, if that's what one should call it.

The reading link above will take you to a reading journal of sorts. I haven't really come up with a system for it yet, but it will be entries about books and other texts that I've read and would like to comment on. I don't want to restrict myself to only writing about books I've completed. There'll probably be posts about books that I'm reading at the time or books I plan to read. I don't know, but I think it's a fine idea. If not for you, then for me. I hate the feeling of having read something and then just kind of sitting there thinking, What do I do now? Unless a text comes up in conversation or shows up on a test, there is no proof I've read something. You know, besides the intellectual benefits that no one can ever take away from me, but who cares about that? ;-)

I got my passport in the mail today. That was an exciting experience. I've been anticipating its arrival only to find an empty mailbox day after day. Today, I forgot about it. When I opened my mailbox, I saw an envelope, but I couldn't figure out what it was. "U. S. Government Official Mail? What the heck could this be?" I asked Tessa. I was halfway back across the parking lot when I screamed, "Oh! It's my passport!" How exciting! Two different instances came to mind when I held my very own passport in my hands. The first was when Mrs. Tucker brought hers to class in junior high, and everyone freaked out because they found out her first name was Esther. (I already knew, of course. Anyway.) And the other was the scene from Bourne Supremacy where Jason Bourne looks through a bank deposit box with several passports with his picture but each one with a different name. Moment to cherish, right there.

I should have spent this time taking a nap before conversation class, but no. I fully redesigned and updated (but look for more reading entries soon), and I'm sleepy as all get out. 'Swhat I get.

No comments: