Wednesday, March 09, 2005

shuttlese

My sister surprised me with my very own copy of The Wind in the Willows. Now I don't have to lie about what the book looks like over there in the reading section of the sidebar. (Amazon didn't have the cover of the 1934 edition I borrowed from the library.) I also don't have to lie and say I'm reading it when I'm not because I had to return it to the library over a week and a half ago. Of course, just because something's over there doesn't mean I'm reading it vehemently. It means I might pick it up once a week or so to read a couple pages. Those four make it into rotation. Okay, Descartes really doesn't count because I'm "reading" it for class. Anyway, I'm excited about The Wind in the Willows. Last night, I actually read the preface. Maybe I'll eventually pick back up at chapter four where I left off.

I had a test in teaching reading last night, and the strangest thing happened. I was the next-to-last to finish my exam. I'm not sure why it took me so long, but I think it might've had something to do with trying to write legibly. I don't know. I was writing along, and then suddenly I realized how awesome my handwriting was. And it didn't look like a dude's, which is important. So I had to make sure I kept that up. But I did finish my test at 6:30, which meant I still got out an hour and a half early. I used that time to do some much needed cleaning. I felt like I haven't had time to do anything, so I was excited about taking the garbage out, doing laundry, doing dishes, and even cleaning the bathroom. What am I becoming?

Last week, we were supposed to go to Asian Buffet for conversation class, but hardly anyone showed up. So we didn't. But we're going this week. That makes me very happy. It should make you happy, too. ;-)

No comments: