Monday, March 14, 2005

to revel

Wow. Two days in a row. What happened to those days when it was normal to get at least one entry, if not two entries, popped out in one day? Long gone, my dears. Tonight, I'm excited I have time to do this. Tomorrow, there are no papers due. There are no tests. From here to the end of the week, I see none. It's exhilarating. I took a two and half hour guiltless nap this afternoon. That is a beautiful, beautiful thing.

So isn't this just the week of holidays? Today is none other than Pi Day. I didn't even realize it until I saw someone wearing a 3.14 tee shirt. Only today did my I like π button not seem completely retarded. Anyway, tomorrow is the Ides of March. Beware. And Wednesday? Okay, I can't think of anything special about March 16. But, oh the green glory of March 17. SPD '05, ladies and gents. And what, you may ask, is the significance of March 18? Well, back in May, I had a dream about March 18 and some heinous crimes on Faculty Hall elevator #4. So maybe it's not a holiday, but it has some ominous cloud hanging over it. But! It is the first day of Spring Break, and that makes it the holiest of the holidays of this week.

And now, I'm going to use the next couple hours not writing a paper and not studying for a test. I'll probably read. And what, oh what, shall I read? I have so many options. I could read some Kate Chopin or Marx for class. Or I could read on The Wind in the Willows, How to Read a Poem, The Giver maybe, or some C. S. Lewis. I could do some minor homework. I could do just about anything. Maybe I'll just revel in that fact.

No comments: