Monday, January 17, 2005

adventure

Do you ever get the feeling that something's just not right? That's the feeling I got when I sat down and looked over the textbooks I just purchased from Bradley Book Co. Despite the fact that I had to drop $340 for the load of books, I'm pretty sure that I didn't even get the book for one of my classes. (But it's the class that's got me in a pickle with the College of Education, so maybe that's some sort of sign...) And when comparing the book selection on the University Bookstore site with the books I've been sold for Intro to Philosophy, something doesn't quite jibe. However, the five books I have now are altogether less expensive that the one book I think I'm supposed to have. I guess I'll find all this out soon enough. After the one daytime class I have tomorrow, for which I'm fairly certain I have the correct text, I'll scope out the situation at the University store. Oh, and sometime this week, I have to go pick up $115 worth of Spanish books that are on back order.

Most of the errands I was going to run today didn't happen on account of the holiday. Looks like I'll be doing a lot of running around tomorrow. My schedule is really strange. Tomorrow, I work from 7:30 am until 12:15 pm, and then I have class at 2:00. Then, I have my night class at 5:00. Somewhere in all that, I need to go the the bookstore, the bank, and Sparks Hall. My favorite places, indeed.

Yes, yes. This is the interesting life that is mine. One day, I'll have inspiring adventures with harrowing tales of woe and glory to tell. Okay, so maybe not. But for now, I can tell you that I did a lot of cleaning-type things that needed to be done today. I managed to fit most of my books on my shelving space, with only a few having to be eulogized and packed away in a cardboard box to be buried in the depths of my closet. Alright, I exaggerate. I didn't eulogize my books, but for some strange reason, I was singing that Doug Stone song, circa 1990, that goes, "I'd be better off in pine box on a slow train somethingsomething Georgia..." How's that for drudging up forgotten childhood memories? Anyway, I'm doing some laundry, and I plan to continue my one-woman raid on the band of Gypsy dust bunnies that waltzed in here and made babies. And I might do some dishes, too. If that's not an adventure, I don't know what is.

No comments: