Sunday, January 30, 2005

i need a teenage doctor

I don't feel especially well at the moment. I am feverish with a bit of sore throat and sniffly nose. I don't like this at all. I do hope it passes.

So because of the TV-as-monior set-up, I have a magnifier (for the visually impaired) accessibility tool going on, right? Wherever my cursor is is magnified at the top of the screen. Well, if my screen was blue and the letters white and the appropriate synth background music was added , this would look very much familiar.

[Buh-nuh-nuh-nuh-buh-nuh, buh-nuh-nuh-nuh-buh-nuh. Doo-duh-dee-doo, duh-doo-duh-dee-doo...]

Doogie Howser, M. D.

Okay, okay. I'm sorry. But I had to do it. And yes, that is my phonetic description of the Doogie theme song. Long live 1989's Neil Patrick Harris.

Considering the fact that I attended one out of four classes on Friday, I should really be doing some homework, but I've already conceded to the getting-by-by-the-skin-of-my-teeth-and-Sparksnotes method. But let's face it, I read the book I'm supposed to have read for tomorrow in another course. (Please note the proceeding comma splice. Never mind my use of a conjunction as the first word of the sentence. If I were able to vote one grammar rule off the island, it would be the one prohibiting that habit of mine.) Anyway, anyway, anyway, I should at least try reading Apology for philosophy. I really don't want to be out of the loop in that class. Oh, and I saw my professor at Starbucks yesterday afternoon when I went in to get my fix. How appropriate. As much as I love it, that place is one big stereotypical institution.

Alright. I'm going to do some reading of some sort. Academic or not. And then I'm going to try to go to bed before midnight. There isn't a very good chance of that, but it sure would be nice.

No comments: