Monday, February 07, 2005

petty grievances

So much for that continuance of lovely weather that I'd hoped for. But it's okay. I have a place in my heart for gloomy, misty days like this, too.

Today hasn't been my favorite day in all my life. Philosophy was okay, but I realized that my discussion board post pretty much completely missed Plato's point. In advanced comp, I came to the conclusion that I can't write a thesis. But at least BarbCobb pushed back the due date for the first draft to Friday. Women's lit sometimes gets on my nerves--just because it can. And the Spanish quiz probably won't be the most successful thing I've ever done. Way to go, Super Homework Queen. You done real good this time.

Oh, and let's talk about the forty million people who flooded the Curris Center today. Ten thousand other students have to eat lunch too. And at least one of them has to do it, study, and be back in class in an hour. That means you and your little name-tags need to quit thinking you're cool because you're eating college food and get out of my way.

Sorry, I'm just a little disgruntled today. Don't worry. It'll pass.

Maybe tomorrow will be better. But let's look at it this way: Today's not over with yet. It still has time to redeem itself. And it's possible that I'm the one needing the redeeming, huh?

No comments: