Thursday, August 26, 2004

the day that never was

Okay, I gotta quit this Tuesday/Thursday nap business. I'm taking waaay too much advantage of it. But I shouldn't happen too much longer, I guess. Today, I ended up with much more free time than I intended to. From now on, I will have three classes on Thursday, but this is what today boiled down to: No Shakespeare at 9:30. No lab at 1:30. And my 11:00 earth science lecture? Lasted about ten minutes. The professor gave us a quiz that he gave us all a 100 on, then proceeded to have a nervous breakdown in front of us when his Power Point projector wouldn't work. Something about his daughter is living with his ex-wife and is planning on running away from home, his girlfriend's son is in traction at a hospital in Paducah puking at the moment, and he is driving a rental car because his transmission went out. He then dismissed us. At Winslow, where I discovered my declining balance hasn't been activated and I had to pay cash again, I saw Geco, and he said earth science with this professor of mine is a breeze. Well, it certainly seems so.

I've procrastinated long enough. I have homework that needs to get done, especially because I'm not going to have much time to do it this weekend. I am counting on being able to read A Midsummer Night's Dream at work on Sunday night, but there are about a million other things I need to do, too. I also need to clean. I mean, it is really beginning to look pretty rough around here. I need to go WalMart, but maybe I should hold off on that until I get back from Nashville. Hmm? I also need to pack for Nashville. And I cannot, cannot, cannot forget to charge my camera battery. The last thing I need during a concert in which I am three and a half inches away from John Mayer is a camera that doesn't work. We're also fearing the prospect of rain during the show tomorrow night, but Justin told me this morning that Starwood Amphitheatre is covered. And now that I think about it, I'm kind of remembering seeing that somewhere. I just hope it's not a million degrees. And of course it will be. But sometimes, you just have to tough it out for those you love.

No comments: