Monday, August 23, 2004

welcome rain

*sigh* John Mayer Guy just ain't what he used to be, ain't what he used to be. But we'll pretend that he's not gross and all that. I can't handle such a rapid turnover rate of excitement and disillusionment.

I didn't give my freshmen the campus tour today. Murray decided to be Murray and sporadically rain all day long, so I called it off. I'm such a bad FYL. All my girls are going to get lost tomorrow, cry, and go home. All because of me. But four of them did show up for Realities on Campus. Maybe because I threatened them with their lives if they didn't.

So, yeah. Classes start tomorrow. I get to have class with all kinds of fun folks. As a matter of fact, I believe I already know at least one person in each class I have this semester. Tomorrow, I have Shakespeare, and ol' J. Matt is in there. I have the dreaded earth science all the way over in Mason Hall, but I've the lovely Justin Downing and Alisha Perry to accompany me for that one, which makes it all better. I also have the teaching English night class, and my friend Jennie is in it. Yay for classes. Or not. We'll see.

I went to my computer lab supervisor meeting thing tonight. I think it's probably going to be the easiest job that ever was. At least I hope so. But all that whining and crying I did about going to the hypnotist after my meeting, I didn't go. It was pouring down rain, and I decided I didn't care that much. So I got to walk to my car without an umbrella in the downpour. Okay, so I parked at Fifteenth & Olive. But I still got soaked. Welcome to Murray.

No comments: