Wednesday, August 25, 2004

lab lullaby

One hour of "work" down, three to go. Ol' Applied Science computer lab ain't hoppin' at 8:00 in the morning. Well, there have been five people come in, and they have all miraculously known how to work the whole account log-in system. Woo hoo. I've basically just been sitting here looking at my Spanish book when I take the notion, which isn't too often. I also brought along the thrity-seven-thousand-pound tome, also known as my Shakespeare textbook, to read on A Midsummer Night's Dream. We'll see if that happens. At this point, I'm just trying to keep myself awake. I have a feeling that is going to be my biggest challenge. Not sleeping. Nothing but the quiet hum of computers and clicking on keyboards in the wee hours of the morning. Sounds like a lullaby to me.

So, um. Yeah. What can I talk about to occupy my time? There is not much to say, but I gotta do something. It looks like I'm going to be writing a lot of blogs that are even more boring than usual just to have something to do.

Oh, here's a note. If you ever have to print something at an on-campus computer lab, be sure to choose the black and white printer under the print options. The color printer is default, and it costs 25 cents as opposed to black and white, which is 5 cents. And they have the system like they do in the library where you drop money in the machine to pay. Fun times. It's almost like riding the quarter horse in front of the grocery store. But not quite.

So this computer I have here has some old school MSN messenger on it. It's from back in the day when it didn't even have the feature that tells you that you have a new email. Pretty ghetto.

Okay, now that I've totally wasted both your and my time with this sad, sad entry, I guess I'll try to do something productive like studying Spanish, read the Shakespeare play, or go to sleep. I like that last one best.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cass I dont know whether to be sad for you cause you're bored at your job, or sad for me because I'm envious that you have a job. hmmm.