Tuesday, August 24, 2004

quick and dirty

Hello. It's not even ten o'clock and I am pondering the thought of going to bed. As a part of the many new things this semester is bringing, I believe one will be an early bed time. I have to be at Applied Science tomorrow morning by 8:00 for the first day of my first job. (How sad is that?) But I'm looking forward to my attempt at getting a decent night's sleep. I haven't done that in a while, and it's time I've made up for it. With one day of class under my belt, I can already see that this semester is going to be insane, so I'll probably never go to bed early again. But it's a nice thought.

I probably messed up all my chances of actually falling asleep as I took a big ol' nap this afternoon. It was so hot and sticky outside and by the time I got back to Brentwood, I thought I was going to die. I cranked up the air and sacked out on the couch for a couple hours. I haven't had a nap in who knows how long, so I thought I'd start the new school year off right.

Classes were all right. Shakespeare was a good time, partly because when I introduced myself as a graduate of Webster County, Dr. Brown asked me about ol' T. Roy. That class will be challenging, but I think I'm really going to like the professor. Earth science, on the other hand, is like descending into the pits of hell. I hate science, and I knew I was putting off taking a course of it for a reason. The night class is going to be good, I think. It's finally taking English and education and putting them together. It's about time.

I guess that's the quick and dirty on today's events. Good night.

No comments: