Sunday, August 01, 2004

hello, august

I've decided a couple things over the past couple days.
  1. I am isolated. I hardly see anyone down here during the summer. I don't mind being by myself, but for such long periods of time in the summer ghost-town of Murray, meaningful human contact is rare. I don't like that so much. Maybe if I had've been able to acquire a job, it wouldn't have been so bad, but it seems my summers are never right no matter how I spend them.
  2. I need a vacation. Something different. It's not that I feel like I've worked so much, so I need relaxing getaway. A change of scenery and a change of schedule would be much appreciated.
  3. I complain too much. (See bullets 1 and 2.) I really don't have anything to complain about. I've been doing enough this summer to keep me from being bored and not too much to make me feel like I haven't had a summer at all. But I have been going to class for two months and I'm restless.
Wednesday is my last day of class. I'm very excited. It is hard to explain, but it is almost like summer classes put more of a strain on things. Like during the school year, you have a full schedule of classes and other school-related things to attend to, and that is the normal, accepted way of life. But during the summer, it's as if you can have your three-month holiday as long as you show up for class every day. Kind of like getting a full night's sleep but waking up every five minutes. You still get close to eight hours of sleep, but it's constantly being interrupted. I don't know. See bullet 3.

No comments: