Sunday, February 15, 2004

here we come a-wassailing

in my ears
melt
artist: rascal flatts
song: mayberry


I'm in a pretty good mood. It's been a while, I must say. I mean, I haven't been down and out like I kinda was there for a while. But today, I'm just in a good mood. To commemorate the event, I busted out the Vans. What does that mean? I don't know. (Must be Holly's.) But they sure are comfortable...

The parents and I Cracker Barreled and WalMarted today. I also took them on a driving tour of campus. I felt like a tried and true student ambassador. Anyway, that overall visit was good.

I really don't know what the good mood's about. I guess it was just the good weekend. Valentine's Day usually makes me want to gouge my eyeballs out, but nope. Not this time. I guess I really didn't think about it too much. I guess the worst was always high school. Sitting in fifth block listening to announcement after announcement of the list of people who had received flowers, only hearing my name on those years when my mom or my sister decided to send me a little something. Depressing, eh? This year, I don't know if it was the lack of having it rubbed in my face or because I had other things on my mind or if I'm cool with singledom (I doubt it's that one...), but I had a good one. But I'm still looking forward to the year when I can enjoy the holiday for what it is.

No comments: