Sunday, February 01, 2004

living life in a crawl-space

in my ears
more than you think you are
artist: Matchbox Twenty
song: Soul

I cannot believe I'm already going back to Murray tomorrow. I feel like I've been here for about thirty minutes. Okay, that's how long I was here last night before I headed out to Dale's.

*sigh* Yesterday, I made one of the stupidest mistakes I've made in quite a while. So Kara and I are rolling down the road. It'd been icy, so I wasn't going to take 293, right? Well, I thought, for some reason, I made the exit onto the WK. I'm rolling right along not paying any attention because I knew it was pretty far down the WK before I came to the Pennyrile exit. Sometime into the journey, my sister calls, and she was just wondering how close to home I was. I told her I was on the WK. When I got off the phone, Kara informed that we weren't. That's right. There went a sign saying we were on 24. (Yes, that's 24 east. To NASHVILLE!) And then we crossed the Trigg County line. So not only did I miss my exit, I went thirty miles in the wrong direction. You wonder how I went a full thirty miles without realizing it. Well, here's my explanation. I thought (I don't know why) that I was on the WK, and I did indeed see my exit. Here's the thing. After you drive a certain route, you just kinda recognize your exit signs without really reading what they say, right? I was going home a different way yesterday because of the ice, so that required me to not take an exit I would normally take so that I could take another one about twenty miles later. I saw one of "my" exits, but it didn't really occur to me that it said WK to Princeton/Elizabethtown, not 293 to Providence (the exit I was really supposed to not take). In my mind, I said, "Keep going. Stay on this and hit the Pennyrile." Instead, I ended up hitting 68 and 80 in Cadiz and going to Hopkinsville to get to the Pennyrile there. Do you understand the magnitude of this? We left Murray at 2:00. I got home around 5:30. *tears*

When I finally got home, I was supposed to meet Dale in an hour. Yeah, mom and pop weren't too happy with that. They haven't seen me for three weeks, and as soon as I set foot in the door, I left again. Dale and I went to Tumbleweed to get some wondersteak and then to Evansville to see The Butterfly Effect. Very good times.

Today, I woke up around 12:00 which means I got about seven hours of sleep. That's more than I've been getting. After chilling around the house and watching bits and pieces of Blow on USA, we went to Evansville to get my grammar handbook at Border's. Man, that place can make my babies. And then *drumroll* I finally got me a scarf and some cute gloves to match. We did the family thing and ate at Shoney's with Wade, Day, Uncle Pook, and Barbara. (Because you all know who these people are...) Anyway, that was fun. But now I'm pooped. I'm getting up at a fairly early hour to go to church in the morning, so I should probably go to bed. I want to cherish the sleep I can get. Who knows how late I'll be up tomorrow night with all this homework I have to do. I think I'll just quit school. Does that really sound like such a bad idea? I think I'll sleep on it...

No comments: