Wednesday, January 28, 2004

everybody is just a stranger

in my ears
room for squares
artist: John Mayer
song: Why Georgia



This morning dawned the renaissance of John Mayer. That's right. He has again found his place in three disc CD player. And John (the fish, that is) is loving it. You should have seen us. The two of us getting down to some No Such Thing. It was classic.

*sigh* What to say? I'm going to be honest with you. (Because that's what all this blogature is about, right?) I don't have anything to say. I'm just trying to stay awake, that's all. What I need to do is read, but I always fall asleep. I guess it's a mixture of having three classes back to back, eating lunch, and then coming back to a quiet room to read. So I've got John blaring in my ears and my mind preoccupied with these idle words. (preoccupied... idle words... Oxymoron?)

Um... Yeah, so Hovie's my lover. I got an email from him earlier telling me that he's put two copies of my recommendation letter in the basket on his office door. One in a sealed envelope for the scholarship office and one for "my files." That's what I'm talking about. I've always wondered what my recommendation letters have said, and finally I have someone who's willing to let me know. I'll let that loud blast-from-the-past outfit he had on yesterday slide. He's coming to the cave with us...

Okay, this isn't working. I'm sure you're bored to tears, and I'm practically falling asleep. Maybe I'm just narcoleptic. Or maybe I should go to bed earlier. Either way, I gotta find something to keep me awake.

No comments: