Sunday, January 11, 2004

somebody told me this is the place where everything's better & everything's safe

So I'm back in Murray. Getting my junk packed to come down here took a lot less time than I thought it would, so that left lots of time between getting loaded and departure for my parents to cry the Tigris and Euphrates. It was worse than when I moved to school to begin with last year. But we all coped. Or at least I did, driving dry-eyed down the road progression that I'm about ready to call the way home. Yeah, it's a little bittersweet, but that's life.

The smell of stagnant winter break in the residential colleges and the mold in the refridgerator was welcome and familiar to the senses. Okay, maybe not welcome, but it felt like home. But I think it was Justin and Ryan's appearance and the trip to WalMart that makes the experience complete. Well, besides going to class and all, but I'm pretty ready for that. And sheesh, it means that I need to go to bed soon, and much to my enjoyment, I think it's possible. Eleven o'clock and I feel like bedding down for a long winter's nap. Wahoo.

No comments: