Saturday, January 10, 2004

someday i'm gonna pack up and leave this town

I slept too late again today. It should be the last day of me sleeping in like that since I'm sure my Mom's gonna drag my butt out of bed at a decent hour tomorrow and then Sunday's church. That's a good thing, though. I'm tired of being a bum.

Tonight was, um, good. I did have an alright time. Ladies and gentlemen, it's true. Ginger's boyfriend doesn't talk. He seems like a nice guy. I mean, he's never said anything cross to me. We did a whole lot of nothing tonight. First off, we were supposed to meet at Dale's at 5:00, but Ginger calls me when I'm almost to Henderson to tell me that he doesn't even get off work until 5:30 and we're supposed to be at his house at 6:30. We didn't know what to do, so I met her at WalMart. We hung around there and looked at fish, and then we went with Ben so he could "talk" to his friend who works in sporting goods. When we got to Dale's, we just hung there forever. Tim showed up about 8:45, and at 9:30, I think we finally decided to go eat. So it was Steak N Shake and then back to Dale's house. Tim and I chilled there for a little bit and watched some music videos Dale had downloaded. Let me just say, Tim is one hilarious guy. I don't get to hang out with him much, but when I do, it's always a hoot. And then before too long, my curfew drew nigh. Thus concluded my evening.

Yeah, I think I'm ready to be back in Murray. I don't feel like I've been home for a month, but when I sit here and think about it, it's hard for me to believe that this is not where I live for eight months out of the year. I love just sitting here talking to my mom and not being stressed out about school or whatever. But the stuff that makes the world go 'round, I guess, is growing up, being away from home, and staying busy. Well, I guess life should be a delicate balance of both worlds. Right now, I'm not feeling balanced. I need a little Murray to set me back on course.

No comments: