Sunday, January 25, 2004

seems like it's always understood this time of year

in my ears
love actually
artist: Eva Cassidy
song: Songbird



I've been messing with my blogger template for about thirty minutes now. Like Holly, I can't take being left out anymore. Being hell-bent against moving to xanga.com, I will have a currently listening feature. Yeah, I tried it once, but it was way too much trouble. But alas, being the blogging guru that I am (ha!), I figured out how to get 'er done with virtual ease. We'll see how long this lasts.

So things are relatively calm around here. The highlights of my recent existence include playing with a Lilo and Stitch Play-Doh toy that came in Holly's Happy Meal and... um...is that it? Yeah, that's it. I've done nothing here recently. Nothing of any significance anyway. Man, that's disheartening, isn't it?

I can say that I've spent the last several days doling out advice that I have no credentials to be doling out. My friends seem to believe that I have the ability to formulate decent answers to their aches and ailings of the heart. I feel bad when I can't give them the answers, but who can? I'm glad that they trust me enough to ask my advice, but I just don't know why they do. Maybe when I finally get myself into a relationship I'll be such a wise sage that it'll be just perfect. Yeah freaking right. Maybe the reason I've never been in such a relationship is because I am so wise. I'll just keep telling myself that...

No comments: