Wednesday, January 07, 2004

i feel so far from where i've been

The idleness of home sucks. I'm ready to go back to Murray if only to have something to do. And to get my sleep schedule back to normal. I'd like to see a few hours of daylight, you know. And of course, being at school means having half-way interesting stuff to blog about. Except the fact that everybody who will read it will probably have been with me when it happened...

I have a few things to do at the homestead before I make the pilgrimage back to Murray-Mecca, or the shrine at Canterbury for St. Thomas a Becket. I need to finish Don's horrible play. I need to repaint the trusty chalkboard. Fall 2003 gave it a run for its money, and it's all scratched up. Heck, I need to get my stuff together. Still haven't washed my comforter, and Lord knows it needs washin'. And because your body is a wondersteak, I'd like to eat me a sirloin. Don't get a lot of steak action down in Murray.

Well, technically, it's Dad's birthday. I atleast need to write him a little note and leave it on the table for him in the morning. He'll probably cry over it. That's how he is. Anyway, we're going to go out and do something for him tomorrow night. Hmm, maybe I can talk him into wanting to go to Texas Roadhouse or somewhere with steak...

Mom's in Glasgow tonight. The one place in the state where our cell phones don't get service. Ain't that a whoopin'. It's pretty lonely around here without her. Dad goes to bed at like 8:00, so I've been sitting here on the internet almost ever since. Man, what a life I lead. As Holly and I are talking about, I waste a lot of time reading random people's blogs. Sometimes you can find good ones. I'd like to think people stumble upon mine and enjoy reading it. But I figure that's not too likely. Even people who know me probably have a hard time sifting through this mess. But that's okay. I'm going to keep blogging. And maybe, when the tables turn, I'll have a life worth blogging about.

No comments: