Thursday, October 23, 2003

a means of procrastination

So what if I really don't have anything to write about? Is there some kind of rule in the Terms of Use that says that I have to have a motivation to post? Didn't think so. And if we get down to it, I have a motivation. Procrastination. There are a few driving forces in my life, and procrastination is one of them. But hey, I got my poems that are due today revised, printed, and stapled. Doesn't that entitle me to some time to waste? Nevermind the fact that I have homework due in the class that I have in an hour...

It's been a weird day, I tell you. Well, a weird day to Winslow, to be specific. I felt like I was living in an alternate universe. We sat on the south side. What is that? I felt like I was breaking the north side's little northy heart. And to make matter worse, I used bottled ketchup instead of packets. I must confess, I used to be really prejudice against the little packets because they are a mankey to work with. But after Lesil told me the story of her mom pouring a cigarette out of public-use ketchup bottle and I about lost myself on my chewy (here's a holla for Hal) fries, I sucked it up and mastered the art of opening ketchup packets. I was surprised to find out that the ketchup packet people really knew what they were talking about when they had that dotted line printed on there to signify that all you have to do is tear off a little corner. It's hassle-free! Long live ketchup packets.

Alright, well, I should probably be a good student and read the short story that I'm bound to have a quiz on in creative writing today. So I'm going to go. But in all reality, I'll probably organize my package of Sharpies Roy G. Biv style, check out Local-83 'cause I haven't been there since chili was a nickel, and then maybe before class, I'll look and see who wrote the story I'm supposed to read, just in case one of the questions on my quiz is who wrote this story?

No comments: