Saturday, October 25, 2003

oh, i love a rainy night

Thank you, Eddie Rabbitt.

Okay, weatherforyou.com was right about the thunderstorms, but they were today instead. So I drove to Calvert City to see my sister, and I drove in some torrential rain. At Sissy's, I got to see their new pup, Junior. Their collie Sondhi fathered a litter of 12, all of which survived, and now they have a chip off the ol' block. He's precious. I also got to see the video of the Gatlinburg trip that all my family took last weekend. I skipped out. Being stuck with my mom, dad, sister, bro-in-law, and eight year old niece for a weekend is just too intense for me. I also got to pick up the awesome Beatles poster my sister got me at a yard sale. Holly's going to sacrifice the Harry Potter poster to put up the Beat-less. But we can't do that just yet because I couldn't bring the poster in because I didn't want to ruin it in the freaking rain. Don't get me wrong. I love rain. But not when I have to run in it. When I was in my car, getting ready to get out and brave the weather, I got the bright idea to roll up my pants legs. You know, they're the jeans I wanted to wear tonight, so let's keep 'em from getting wet. Yuh-huh. I was wet from head to toe. Rolled-up pants legs and all. Now, why can't it do this on Friday? It used to always rain in Murray on Friday, and it just doesn't feel like Murrah without it.

No comments: