Sunday, March 21, 2004

my new best friend

Last night, I got my camera. Canon PowerShot SD100 Digital Elph. I wanna give a shout-out to Dale for getting me the hook up. Anyway, it was love at first sight, and today, I spent hours getting rainy and muddy while I tromped around my yard. I also parked my car in the middle of the road several times, and I did a lot of trespassing. I took well over a hundred pictures today, but I'll show you some of the ones I particularly like.

The tulip poplar in our front yard is in full bloom.
tulip poplar

I found these milkweed pods just hanging out on the barbwire fence between our land and my uncle's.
milkweed pods

It seems the trashier the subjects I found, the better they looked in black and white.
tin roof and fence wire

I risked my life more than once prowling around the Poole Mill.
poole mill white door danger

And nothing makes for good black and white pictures like the scenery around a cemetery.
old salem post and road

old salem branch

No comments: