Monday, March 01, 2004

to the bat cave

It has been a while, eh? Well, this weekend was pretty good. DiscipleNow itself was kind of a big fizzle, though. I found out when I got to the church on Friday that our youth minister and his family are going to go to another church. I really love David and his family, and I am going to miss them very much. But I understand that things happen for a reason, and change inevitably works out for the best. But that whole situation seemed to put a damper on the whole weekend. Even though the weekend itself wasn't exactly the best time ever, I'm thankful for the preparation it took. It got me focused.

Things in Murray are alright. Today's been pretty average. A delicate balance of good and not so good. Classes were fine. I did have that Spanish test, but it wasn't nearly as horrendous as that last one. The weather's been warm, but it's just nasty out there. A nice mix of sunny but clouds, bright but gloomy, warm but wet, breezy but humid. But the birds are singing and chirping, and that's good.

I have a lot to do today. Actually, I have a lot to do this week, and I just want to use today to get most of it done. Holly's going home for a doctor's appointment, so things are going to be very, um, solitary in the 231 this afternoon and evening. But that's cool. Gives me time to get this stuff done that I need to. But I really want to take a nap. I think I'm just going to go ahead and take one to get it over with. Then I can get up in an hour and do all those other things.

Adios. Voy a tener una siesta. Buenas tardes.

No comments: