Thursday, March 04, 2004

you don't need no herr clip

There are just some days when I love my major. Besides the fact that we spent the entire classtime in my grammar course today talking about capitalization, I like English. We're talking about ol' Adventures of Huckleberry Finn in Hovie, and it's a blast. I've never actually read the book, even though I'm sure I was supposed to a hundred and three times in high school. It's actually pretty good, and the conversations we have in that class are great. I really do get excited about all this stuff. It's so great to feel comfortable where you are...

It is amazing. The weather, that is. It's not exactly a pretty day, and it is indeed something like 100% humidity out there. But I love that it's warm. When seasons change, it always reminds me of certain things. You know, fall makes you think of school starting. Spring weather reminds me of KIRIS/CATS testing. Whatever we called it. I'll go old school and call them achievement tests. And today, though I'm not sure what it means, felt like a very skip-class-worthy day. Just like yesterday was very nap-worthy. (And boy, did I take advantage of that...) I enjoy the first days of weather change, though. I always do. I appreciate the change because soon enough, I'll not be content with the weather. That can be said for just about every type of change...

No comments: