Friday, September 24, 2004

this too shall pass

When I see this woman pass through the door to the lab, a numbing pang affects my whole body. Her sighs heard all the way across the lab strike fear in my heart. And today, her harassment spurred another student to step in and take up for me, which of course didn't help, though I am grateful. My boss is nowhere to be found, but I hurried up and wiped the two accidental tears from my face just in case the tide changed and he decided to come in and save the day. But he didn't. The girl who tried to help me when I was getting griped out to the nth degree has already left. And the lady is still typing, still sighing. I don't care if she needs my help. I've tried to help her, and all I've caught is hell. It's enough to make me walk out of the lab and never come back. But I'll just sit here and hope that she leaves or something. I know it sounds like I'm whining, and maybe I am, but I don't get paid three cents an hour so that I can sit here and be harassed by some psychologically degenerate woman until I'm brought to tears.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cass! I'm sorry that the crazy woman is upsetting you! I just wanted to send out my sympathy!- Jenny