Wednesday, November 12, 2003

dela is climbing the walls

[Mmkay. I wrote this first part earlier, but accidently clicked "draft" before I posted it. I couldn't figure out why it wasn't showing up. Now I know.]

It's all dark and rainy and quiet, and I love it. I don't really have any assignments gnawing at me for the moment, and it's beautiful. I love just sitting here and listening to the quiet. I don't know how I was ever bored. That's saying the state of having nothing to do is bad, but oh, how I beg to differ. There's hardly anything better.

Today was alright. I think I did a lot better on that Spanish test than I originally thought I would. I went and talked to Hamurabi. He's about the most worthless advisor on the face of the planet, so between me, my MAP report, the Murray Bible, and Advisor Holly, maybe I'll graduate some day. Maybe I won't. Eh.

After I blogged last night, Becca came by. It's been long time, no see, lemme tell ya. Especially since we used to be best friends. We went down in history as a statistic when, after we were roommates for one solitary semester, we basically quit talking altogether. I guess the fact that she moved to Hester didn't help, but not to say that it was all her fault. There was some kind of strange tension between us during Christmas break last year, and that, I think, perpetuated the deterioration of the friendship. But it was really good to see her. I love her to death, but I guess we just were not meant to be roommates. I don't really think what happened was anyone's fault. I think we kinda grew up and out of each other. When we see each other, we always still laugh. We have so many memories, but they seem to have faded into the background of my mind. It's so weird how people come in and out of our lives. I'm not really sure where I'm going with this. And I really don't have anything else to say right now, so maybe I blog later when I can form a coherent thought.

[This is now.]

So Cranium Fest fell through. Who knows what happened, but you know, I'm cool with that. I don't know that I was really in the mood to play. I'm more in kind of a laid-back, chillin' mood. However, I did hang out over in the other side of the Freak Suite for a little while. Me and Lesil belted out some good ol' crunchy music, as her cheap little three-hole punch served as my guitar, microphone, bow, and fiddle. Her multi-purpose instrument was her keyboard wrist rest (I guess that's what you'd call it). That's about as wound up as I got tonight. That's as good as it gets.

I could almost convince myself to go to bed early tonight. I don't really have anything to do for tomorrow. Do I ever do anything for humanities? If you said no, you get a gold star (thank you, Lewis). And I don't have creative writing. Paaarty. And I really don't know if I've ever done much of anything for EDP. So I have this huge break from like 11:00 until 4:00 tomorrow. Sounds like a good time to sleep, if you ask me. I don't know. I'll probably go meet Justin at 3:20 because that's just the way things work. Of course, if he decides not to show up, I might beat him within an inch of his life. Because I'm like that. You know, a violent, begrudging person.

No comments: