Tuesday, November 04, 2003

hey, we're listening to this one

Goo mothren. It has been an interesting night, and it's just 9:00. First of all, we're listening to Tim McGraw's A Place in the Sun. It's a good time. It's good to get back to your roots every now and then. That's what it seems this week is about.

Okay, so you can go ahead and make fun of me if it's what you have to do to get through this story:
We supposedly have John Mayer's cell phone number. It's a long but convincing story. So every once in a great while we call it up. You know, listen to it ring, listen to the voicemail greeting ("Hey, this is John Mayer. Leave me a message and I'll call you back." It's definitely his voice.), and hang up. It's a pasttime. He never answers. So I call, but earlier I had been talking to my mom, but she had to hang up and told me she would call me back. My phone rings, and I exclaim, "Muh Creole!" I answer it and it's a guy's voice, "I just missed your call." "No, I don't think so." "This is John Mayer." I freak out and hang up. But you see, it wasn't his voice. Holly calls on her phone. He answers. She hangs up and says it's not his voice. We run down the hall to tell Lauren since she hooked us up with the number. While we're down there, my phone rings again. This time it was Mom. *sigh* I talk to her for a little bit, but I hung up because I felt like I was going to pass out. Then I get up the nerve to call back. This is how it goes:

'John': Hello.
Me: Yes, I just called this number on accident and you called me back. I just wanted to make sure I heard you right. You say you're John Mayer.
'John': Yes. This is John Mayer.
Me: Really?
'John': Yeah, this is John Mayer. What's your name?
Me: Cassidy.
'John': Did I meet you at a show or something?
Me: No, but I'm coming to Champaign this weekend.
'John': Oh, good, good. Maybe I can hook you up with some meet-n-greets or something.
Me: Oh, really? How would we go about doing that?
'John': Um, just come by the bus. Get there early before the show and come to the bus.
Me: Um, oookay.
'John': Hey, listen, I'll call you back when I get outside. I'll call you back in a little bit.
Me: Mmkay, bye.

Yeah, so much to my surprise, my phone rang a few minutes later. It was a guy. He sounded country, as this 'John Mayer' guy does. (Keep in mind, John Mayer is from Bridgeport, Connecticut. This fellow I've been talking to is not him.) But it turns out, it was RhinoMo calling me. Anyway, I haven't heard from this guy again. And why should I? He knows he's caught in a lie. John is performing in Ottowa, Ontario, tonight. I know better. So I think I'm going to call him back tomorrow and let him know that I'm not a blooming idiot and give him a little piece of my mind. And maybe I'll ask him how he got a recording of John on his voicemail message. Would the real John Mayer please stand up?

And speaking of the real John Mayer, guess who's going with us now that Jenny's not. Yeah, my momma. How funny is that? But she's real cool. I love my Creole. And my Creole loves John Mayer. I can almost guarantee you she will freak out more than me, Holly, or Lauren. And we will be freaking out pretty hard. I can't wait.

Alright, so I should probably go, but I just had to blog all of this. I have lots of things to do. And shoot, it's going to be a holiday before we know it.

No comments: