Monday, December 01, 2003

i mean, c'mon, it's not like we've known ourselves that long

Boy, how I'd like to take a nap. But I have too much stuff that I should be doing, and blatantly taking a nap would just make me feel guilty. However, I have no reservations about squandering away my time by blogging. It's always the same story, folks.

I got my research paper back. I got an 88.5. What kind of grade is that? Point five? She's a strange one. Anyway, I'm happy with that grade considering I didn't even come close to meeting any of the requirements. She basically said I'm a good writer, I just don't write enough. Maybe she should ask me to write about myself. I seem to be able to do that at a lengthy measure, huh? Next time, I'll be sure not to write a research paper on a poem that has been critiqued for a million years. Sheesh.

Lesil is over there listening to John. That warms my heart. All the little beebies are growing up, listening to John. She said something that really got me here *points at heart* last night. See, I burned her a CD of Heavier Things and the other essentials: Tracing, Love Soon & Sucker, and the triad of Why Did You Mess With Forever, Man on the Side, and Covered in Rain. Last night she said something to the effect of this, "What number do those extra songs start on? Eleven? Yeah, those songs are awesome." I could've cried. Like Ashley the day I bought my Vera.

I'm a dork. (As if you didn't know already.) But I have a picture of me and my uncle Wade sitting here on my desk. It's such a fun picture, which is wild because I'm in it. I don't even know what I'm doing with my mouth, but I think I'm laughing out loud. Anyway, I love him. I miss my family. Like aunts, uncles, and cousins. My mom's side of the family (which is basically all of my family) is a ton of fun. They're loud and hilarious. I look forward to being able to hang out with them over Christmas. I can't wait, really. I miss being at church too. A lot of those kids are really fun. John Michael's about a retard, but he's precious. And I noticed yesterday, his hair is getting so curly. He could possibly have the hair to mouth ratio.

It occurs to me that I haven't had a good cry in a long time. And I feel one coming on, though I'm not sure why just yet. All I know is that my tear reservoir is full and needs a sweet release.

No comments: