Sunday, December 21, 2003

it's colder than it looks outside

When I opened this page, there was something I really wanted to say, but for the life of me, I cannot remember. (Ah, yes. The Verve Pipe. I was wondering where that came from...) I think I was thrown off by the fact that I started a post last night but was too tired to finish it, so I saved it as a draft. Now it's not there. Oh, well. It wasn't much or I guess I would've finished the thing. A few highlights, if you want to call them that, I remember: I hate Evansville. Hanukkah gifts are coming from this side of the Ohio. I went to Dale's family's Christmas thing. Good times. I think that's where I fell asleep at the keyboard.

Well, all you people out there, hold on to your seats. Guess what I'm doing tonight. I'm singing and playing at our little Christmas thing at church. I know, I know. I'm as scared as you are. And I know you are scared. Anyway, I'm singing "What Child Is This?" It's my favorite Christmas song, and it's just four little chords (Am, C, G, E). But I can't sing, so I don't even know what I think I'm doing. I keep telling myself that it's not going to be so bad. I mean, it's not a formal thing. It's basically a bunch of people sitting around, talking, eating, and what not, and people get up and sing or play or whatever they do. They can't laugh too hard at me, can they? Oh, well. I'm not doing it for them anyway...

Alright, dawgs. I guess I need to practice or something. I'll keep y'all posted on whether or not I survive. Or if the people listening survive. *whimper*

No comments: