Tuesday, May 04, 2004

days may be sunny or cloudy

in my ears
lady in autumn:  the best of the verve years
artist: billie holiday
song: come rain or come shine


I woke up at 6:30 this morning. Crazy, I know. (Actually, Val just called me a "crazy cat" for listening to Billie Holiday. Whatever, I 'll take that as a compliment, haha.) Anyway, I got up and took a shower before my 8:00 am final because I also had a 10:30. But while I was sitting here still asleep, this bird flew up and chilled on our window sill. So of course, I took a picture.


I had a lot of time between my first final and my second one, so I went to library and chilled for a while. While I was there I read some insert in last Saturday's Gleaner (That's the paper at home.) that was a history of Henderson through headlines and pictures and stuff. It was fun, but that still didn't fill up all my time before the sociology final. I went and took some pictures in Faculty Hall. This one is on a bathroom stall door on the first floor. I think it used to be an information sticker about relationship violence, but over the years it has been vandalized a little bit. I think it's kinda neat looking. I know one of the things it says is "YOUR GOD IS DEAD. YOU KILLED HIM." If you look closer, you can see where someone wrote "GOD IS ALIVE!" over top of that. And for some reason, someone wrote "TALK" on top of all of that. And underneath all of it seems to be paragraphs of words. Make what you want out of it, but I think it says a lot about ideas and communication between people.


I've wanted to take this picture for a little while. I don't know why. It's from the fifth floor. I should've taken it from the seventh. Oh, well.


And this is that imprint of a magnolia leaf on the sidewalk between the Fine Arts Annex and Oakley Applied Science. I like it. It's so perfect.

No comments: