Thursday, May 20, 2004

just try to figure out what all this is for

in my ears
maroon
artist: barenaked ladies
song: pinch me


I like this song. I don't think it will ever get old. It captures a mood that I get into sometimes--the mood you get into went you've been sitting at home a little bored for a little too long. And I also love the irony of the lyrics. Every other line contradicts the one before it.

It's the perfect time of year
Somewhere far away from here
I feel fine enough I guess
Considering everything's a mess


Are the Barenaked Ladies still around? I don't guess I listen to the radio enough to know. To me, they'll probably always be a Two-Hit Wonder. "One Week" and "Pinch Me." I don't know. Maybe they have some songs out that I do not know are theirs. Do all of their songs contain at least one refrain that attempts to cram a minute's worth of lyrics into fifteen seconds? I do remember one song from Stunt called "Who Needs Sleep" or something like that. I had spent the night with Ashley Holt, and she had just purchased the CD. We found the song very fitting because we were trying to stay up all night. I remember one little part of the song.

Who needs sleep?
Well, you're never gonna get it
Who needs sleep?
Tell me what's that for
Who needs sleep?
Be happy with what you're getting
There's a guy who's been awake
Since the Second World War


According to amazon.com, that CD came out in '98. Six years ago. Crazy stuff.

Speaking of crazy, I think I'm going there. You see, I keep a written journal aside from this thing, right? Well, for the past couple days, I subconsciously haven't exactly been aware of what the date has been. I got online today and saw something that said May 20, 2004. I asked myself, Wha? It's not the twentieth yet, or is it? So I put my mouse over the time display in the toolbar. Indeed, it is May 20. In all this confusion, I asked myself another question: Then what have I been dating my journals? You ready for this?

Tuesday, May 18, 2004 - 1:30pm

Wednesday, May 18, 2004 - 2:00am

Thursday, May 18, 2004 - 2:10am


Before going back and scratching out the dates to make them correct, I laughed quite heartily at myself. And then it kinda scared me. How on earth did I absent-mindedly write the same date down three days in a row? Well, at least I know what day of the week it is... Today is Thursday, right?

No comments: