Thursday, May 27, 2004

from scratch

Before I left school, I promised that I would work on a layout that I had created entirely on my own during these three weeks I'm home. Well, ladies and gentlemen, here it is. It is plain. You might like the old layout better. I don't even care. ;-) You might not be able to tell, but I've been working on this layout for a big part of the time that I've been home. I've stared at so much HTML and CSS to figure out how to make it work that I'll be creating div layers and style sheets in my sleep. So by golly, now that I've got it working, I'm using it!

I have changed the commenting host. You will no longer be able to view the comments that were left while I was using Squawkbox. Now the comments are hosted by Blogger. There is a little inconvenience. You have to be a Blogger member or it will make you post anonymously. I know. That sucks. But you can go ahead and post anonymously and sign your name at the bottom of the comment or something. Maybe Blogger will eventually change it so that everyone can post without the hassle. But there is a neat new feature. The recent posts links on the left. I think that's fun.

So things have been pretty slow the past couple days. It's been stormy. And it's supposed to be stormy for the next couple days. I like a little summer rain and rolling thunder every now and then, but sheesh. I could do without the tornado warnings and monsoon season.

I now have an American Idol-shaped hole in my Tuesdays and Wednesdays. It's over until next season. Tonight was the finale, and Fantasia won. I was happy for her. I think she deserved it, but there are some things about her style that I could live without, such as her "yeah, yeah, yeah"s at the end of everything. And I admit, Diana is pretty good, but if you had told me in the beginning that she would be in the final two, I wouldn't have believed you. But it doesn't matter who won. They'll both end up with record deals. And so will La Toya London and a host of other contestants. Just being on the show gets them the exposure they need if they are truly talented enough for the music industry. But then again, how many people in the music industry are truly talented?

Okay, I guess that's it. My brain is pretty much lifeless. I don't know what's gotten into me, but maybe it'll be gone tomorrow.

No comments: