Monday, May 24, 2004

jeri's and jerry's - kinda like the non-trads

Yesterday, Mom and I did spent some "quality time" at the Henderson County Public Library. They always have an art exhibit upstairs, so we walked around and crititqued and commented on the artwork. I discovered that we have different tastes in art. I like impressionism, and for her, everything must be in sharp focus. But alas, we both appreciate art. Much to my dizziness, we took a gander at the rotunda that they restored a year or so ago.

Tonight we went to Jerry's in Henderson for a change. I think I've been to Jeri's in Clay five times in the past two weeks, and that's no exaggeration. Enough is enough, folks. But it's been a long time since I've been around for the Sunday night supper at Jerry's ritual.

My cousin Robbie felt the need to stand up and tell his story as my two of my aunts, Day and Barbara, listened.

My uncle Bug (real name, Tom) was probably the only one who listened to my Dad tell one of his many neverending stories. As you can see, it's all about story-telling and coffee-drinking.

For once, Dad wasn't talking, and Mom was hollering to the other end of the table to put her two cents in. Sometimes, there can be around four stories going on at once. Needless to say, it can get quite loud.

Every now and then, I just listen--believe it or not. When it comes to talking, my family gives me a run for my money, but I do get it honest. I guess this time, it just got too hectic, and I turned my attention to this fork.

Even after we've paid and it's time to go home, we have to stand outside and talk for another fifteen minutes. This is Mom and Uncle Pook (real name, James). His granddaughter Lacey is seeking him for refuge after her brother was picking on her.

Here is Uncle Pook, Wade, and Bug. They're brothers, if you can't tell. And they're always causing trouble.

While we were out there, Ashley called. A lady at her church asked her if she knew anyone who was looking for a summer job in Murray because she's needing help at Angel's Attic. And of course, I am looking for a job, so Ashley gave her my number. She's going to call me about an interview. It's nothing for certain, but at least I have a lead. Here's a shout-out to Ashley. She's my homegirl. If it wasn't for her, I might not have had a place to stay this summer. Thanks for the hook-up, dawg.

Okay, it's off to bed. I'm trying to get my sleep regulated again. You'd think after I got up at 8:30 with three hours of sleep and going to bed last night at like 11:30, I'd be fixed. But no. Here it is 2:00, and I'm not in bed yet. Of course, that could be attributed to the fact that I wrote this post a few minutes ago, but I had worked on it off and on for two hours, and then it disappeared. Yeah, I was a little ticked, and I couldn't go to bed without doing it again. Of course, this is an abridged version. Maybe tomorrow I'll fill you in on some of the other stuff I had written in the original, but for now, I'm out. I'm going to try to get up and go do some stuff in Hendserson tomorrow. You know, pay some bills, take some pictures. Good night.

No comments: