Saturday, May 08, 2004

home tired home

in my ears
mud on the tires
artist: brad paisley
song: somebody knows you now


Home makes me eat and sleep. Okay, so I did that a lot in Murray, but sheesh. I'm just tired. I guess the wear and tear of the semester just kinda hit me all at once. Last night, I was getting ready to take a bath, and I was waiting for Mom to get out of the bathroom. I was laying on her bed waiting for her, and I fell asleep. I didn't get up until 1:00 am. I'm telling ya, about fifteen trips up and down that Springer stairwell will get ya. After I got home, Mom and I went out to Old Salem while Dad weed-eated. (Okay, would properly be weed-ate? I've always said weed-eated, and it sounds right. But man, it sure doesn't look right.) Anyway, so I took some pictures. So you don't think I am obsessed with death, I won't show you my gravestone pictures, just this one.



Today, it doesn't seem like I've done much. A big part of the day involved picking strawberries. I always think I don't really care for strawberries until I eat them. Goo mothren, ours are freaking fantastic. I've eaten about a million since I've been home. But today, I picked more than that.



Tonight, we went to Jeri's as usual. Arenda's in because she had to get her bridesmaid dress for her friend's wedding. So we hung out a little bit tonight. I don't know, I'm just so tired. I just want to sleep, so I think I will. Ah, but tomorrow is Mother's Day. Sadly, I am unprepared. I don't have Creole a darned thing. Hmm, it's time to get creative. She always likes the homemade stuff. I wish I was seven and a construction paper and crayon card would be acceptable...

No comments: